LYRASIS Research Publications
Permanent URI for this community
Browsing LYRASIS Research Publications by Subject "Archive buildings"
Now showing 1 - 5 of 5
Results Per Page
- ItemCollecting Archival Materials During the COVID-19 Pandemic(LYRASIS, 2020-09-01) Klettlinger, Katy L.W.; Grinstead, Leigh A.; orcid: 0000-0003-0442-5332In April 2020, a member institution reached out to LYRASIS for advice on how to safely collect archival materials during the early stages of the pandemic. The archives held half of a substantial collection from a donor who had contracted COVID-19 and was in assisted living. Upon hearing the news, the archives had one month to collect the remaining materials from the executor before they were lost. In discussing the case, LYRASIS consultants hypothesized that other institutions across the country were experiencing similar situations and decided to create a survey to uncover collecting trends and archival practice during the pandemic.
- ItemNHPRC 'Small & Diverse Archival Organization Needs Assessment Project’ Summary Report(LYRASIS, 2020-06-30) Clareson, Thomas F.R.In Summer 2019, the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) selected LYRASIS Consulants Tom Clareson and Leigh Grinstead to manage a research project to assess the needs of small and diverse archival repositories. The LYRASIS approach to the needs assessment was to work with the archival community on both an online survey project and a series of virtual focus groups. The report below provides information on both of those project components, and provides recommendations on both additional research opportunities and potential work to further support the small archives community.
- ItemNHPRC Final Performance Report(LYRASIS, 2020-06-29) Clareson, Thomas F.R.; Grinstead, Leigh A.This report is a list of all performance objectives achieved for the NHPRC 'Small and Diverse Archival Organization Needs Assessment Project' grant.
- ItemNHPRC Focus Group Report June 2020 Sessions(LYRASIS, 2020-06-29) Clareson, Thomas F.R.LYRASIS consultants on the National Historical Publications and Records Commission Small and Diverse Archives project held four focus group sessions during June 2020, and heard from 38 focus participants about their concerns and interests in the work and operations of small archives.
- ItemNHPRC GRANT AWARD RQ-102995-19: ‘Small & Diverse Archival Organization Needs Assessment Project’ Survey Report(LYRASIS, 2020-06-30) Clareson, Thomas F.R.; Grinstead, Leigh A.LYRASIS received a National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) Records Cooperative Agreement beginning on October 1, 2019, for a “Small and Diverse Archival Organization Needs Assessment Project.” The goal of the project was to assess small and diverse archival organizations and repositories to outline the barriers to their long-term sustainability, growth, and public access. Project activities included a detailed survey of small archives and follow-up focus groups to explore results.